Meet the Bloggers
We, the folks behind this site, are in love with this part of Japan. During the week, of course, we have jobs like everyone else - you may meet some of us in town behind counters, others came from abroad to teach English in the neigborhood. But whatever the profession, we love to spend our free time in Kamikōchi, one of the last secluded regions in Japan.
- Michael Barbic Occupation: English teacher Residence: Matsumoto Country: United States Favorite Kamikōchi Spot: Dakesawa
- William Habington Occupation: English teacher Residence: Omchi Country: Canada Favorite Kamikōchi Spot: Taisho Pond
- John Koons Occupation: English teacher Residence: Matsumoto Country: United States Favorite Kamikōchi Spot: Looking down to Karasawa valley
- Sjaak Mintjens Occupation: Residence: Matsumoto Country: The Netherlands Favorite Kamikōchi Spot: The Forest Course / Jurassic Park
- Shirokuma Saburo Occupation: SHK webmaster Residence: Yokohama Country: Hungary Favorite Kamikōchi Spot: Azusagawa